Friday

Pardon me while I kvetch

As holders of the nation's best record and longest winning streak of 2006, one would think that GW would get some respect from the selection committee. Instead, we were slotted as the best #8 seed in NCAA Tournament history and forced to play what amounted to a road game against a 25-win opponent.


(and yes, my 3 ½ semesters at GW entitles me to say "we"…even if I can't name any of the team's players…or its coach. For God's sake, they play in a building named after me!)


The Colonials' game against UNC Wilmington was one of only two games during the tournament's opening day to have a feeling of "March Madness". Tied at halftime, down by 18 with eleven minutes to play, down again by 4 with two minutes remaining in overtime, GW somehow found a way to win.


What a game! What a win! What's next?


Oh yeah, #1 seed Duke…in what amounts to another road game. Yeah, that's fair.

No comments: