Tuesday

Golden Girls

I have no problem with FHM (or anyone else) printing a list of the sexiest women in the world. Hell, I endorse the concept. But when lazy editors populate the list with washed-up has-beens instead of today's hotties, mister, we're gonna have some words.


Scarlett Johansson at #1 – sounds good to me. Angelina Jolie at #2 – still smoldering, even though she's a couple of years past her prime. Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson and Keira Knightley rounding out the Top 5? Sure, you could debate or rearrange any of them, but there are no real grounds for public outcry.


The rest of the Top 10, however, is another story:


  1. Halle Berry – a sexy woman…who is pushing 40. Plus, she loses major points for romping around naked with Billy Bob Thornton (then again, so should Jolie).
  2. Jenny McCarthy – seriously? This woman is still alive? Should you be eligible for FHM's list of Hollywood's sexiest chicks if you work in a Dairy Queen in Peoria?
  3. Maria Sharapova – the Wimbledon champion is undoubtedly an attractive woman, but take her out of the context of professional sports, and she starts looking a lot more average.
  4. Carmen Electra – are FHM editors the former producers of MTV's Singled Out? What gives here? Plus, she fucked Dennis Rodman – that's worth more demerits than a Billy Bob/ Ron Mexico threesome!
  5. Teri Hatcher – yeah, she's gotten some buzz from "Desperate Housewives" and yes, they are real and spectacular, but the woman is closer in age to my mother than to me. She's held up great, no doubt, but no man under 40 is rubbing one out to her image…trust me.

I thought FHM was targeted at today's hip young man. Now I hear next month Bea Arthur will appear on the cover of their "Sexy Sexagenarians" issue…yikes. Can I cancel a subscription I've never owned?

1 comment:

lifeintheG said...

And yet, I read that they are quite floptacular.

I suggest you click on the link from home.