Wednesday

Prepare to be scared

There's a radio station in Chicago that puts its call letters on large billboards next to the tagline "Liberals Hate Us". And you know what? If I chose to listen to this particular conservative talk station, I would, indeed, hate it. Honestly, I don't have a problem with AM 560's tagline, even if I may have a problem with any douchebag who turns in because he likes the billboard.


Here is what I *do* have a problem with. So many websites/online services look at what and where you surf in order to generate targeted advertisements. As you may guess, I get a fair share of political adverts (and a disproportionate number of links written in Arabic), none of which have ever bothered me…until now. Check this out:


Liberals fear himwww.paulbucher.com – Who scares the liberals in the race for Wisconsin Attorney General?


Hear that sound? It's me, quaking in my liberal loafers. This douchebag had the audacity to claim that people should vote for him because he "scares liberals"? Bucher is so proud of his conservative values that he no doubt embraces everything GOP, right?


Wrong. You know what simple fact is missing from Bucher's travashamockery of a website? His party affiliation. Gee, I wonder why someone who scares liberals would choose to omit that he's a Republican…I mean, do you think that he's scared of being associated with the historically unpopular figurehead who leads the party? That doesn't sound like a guy liberals should fear; it sounds like someone we should mock.


He fears the truthwww.paulbucher.com – Who is scared of you connecting the dots?

2 comments:

lifeintheG said...

I’m not quite sure how it relates, but your little tale reminded me of something I saw on NY1’s “In the Papers” segment this morning: Fox New… er… I mean the NY Post’s endorsement of Andrew Cuomo for New York Attorney General in the Democratic primary.

Putting aside for the moment the fact that the Post endorsing anyone in the Democratic primary is a bit like Bush naming a Secretary of Peace, read this part:

If you thought Eliot Spitzer, as AG, crossed the line at times in targeting businesses, imagine what this former Nader's Raider and city public advocate would do. Green has spent his life picking fights with businesses - big or little, dry cleaners or huge corporations . . . Mostly, for having the temerity to participate in free-market capitalism.

Yeah, that fuckface Spitzer, who is widely loved and would be our next governor if he locked himself in a room until November and collected his urine in jars. That jerkwad asshole who came down on the Enron Worldcom types for bilking mom and pop investors out of billions. Don’t forget that drycleaner… wait, Eliot Spitzer, the attorney general of the state of New York went after a dry cleaner?

Anyway, vote Mark Green in the Democratic primary – because Sean Hannity wouldn’t want you to.

Why do I put this in your comments section instead of DoG? Very good question…

lifeintheG said...

I see that it was Mark Green, not Spitzer, attacking dry cleaners. I read too quickly when I read the Post, lest I find out too much about Paris Hilton or the 7 year old beauty queen killed this week.