Wednesday

Next up – ‘but some of my best friends are gooks’

After the news broke about George Allen's use of "the N-word" in college, the Senator immediately and vociferously denied it as a partisan attempt to bring him down. On Monday he told the AP, "The story and…assertions in there are completely false."


What else was he going to say? "Yup, I hate them niggers. Spics too." The only big surprise was how quickly facts were uncovered that prove he's a liar.


In the heat of Macaca-Gate, Chris Taylor, a University of Alabama professor of anthropology, wrote to a colleague and detailed the Senator's past racism. Taylor's August 17 e-mail recalled his days as a University of Virginia grad student and how he met Allen while earning extra money doing publicity photo shoots:


I met him twice actaully [ sic]. I did two modelling [sic] jobs with his then wife and she told me about some puppies they were trying to give away. I told her I'd like to take one. So one evening I went out to their place in the country near [ Charlottesville] somewhere. There was a pond quite close by. I asked if they had any waterfowl landing there. George told me about the ducks and geese that sometimes landed there and about the ducks who tried to raise their young but who would have them all devoured by the big turtles in the pond. Well, why doesn't someone kill the turtles and eat them? I asked. George said 'only the niggers around here eat em.'


Just so you get the timeline right, Taylor sent this e-mail a full month before any other allegations surfaced about Allen using "the N-word", and the e-mail itself was made public by the receiver, not sender (this should diminish Allen's inevitable claims of a partisan conspiracy).


Is that all, Senator? You hate the browns , you hate the blacks and you seem to exhibit classic Jewish self-loathing (maybe instead of Felix we should call you George "Woody" Allen). You think being liberal is almost as bad as being able to read. You threw your own flesh and blood through a glass door. Are we leaving anyone or anything out? What's you take on kittens: kill or cuddle?

No comments: