Tuesday

The Mother of All Rants

In honor of PatRow’s almost-one week anniversary (a new record for my blogs, by the way), I decided to turn the reigns over to the Mother of the Blog (aka my mommy) for some e-mailed words of wisdom:

It's funny-you call me the flaming liberal in the family (which I'm not) and you are the one who sends these negative, unflattering (usually hysterically funny) items about the man in the White House. The part that I thought most interesting [about Bush’s State of the Union address] was that he used the word, "egregious" and that he pronounced it correctly. He probably didn't know what it meant, though. This is all enough to turn anyone away from interest in government. I remember telling you (and, I hope, showing you) that voting was not just a privilege but a responsibility and now I find myself just so disappointed in our government. We are mired in a terrible war that has resulted in way too many deaths and in having reversed the good will our country had gotten from most of the rest of the world after 9/11. The scandals in the government are, I know, nothing new, but they seem to have reached new heights of arrogance and criminality. Our environment continues to be raped, our climate continues to warm, our debt, which had been erased by 2000, is in the TRILLIONS! I am really concerned for you and your children and your grandchildren.
Did I say words of wisdom? I meant doomsday tirade (love you mom).

She concluded with this reassurance: “In case you think I have fallen into a depression, I have not. Life is good.” Wow, that’s a relief – I wonder how paranoid she would be if life weren’t great…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Janet!