Monday

Monday's Quick Hits

Today is the first installment of a new running feature on PatRoW – Quick Hits will be a brief review of e-headlines and my fast recap of the story (you know, instead of 1,000 words, I’m trying to keep it to fewer than 50). The hope is that I will be better able to:

  1. cover a lot of topics about which I care but of which I have no real knowledge
  2. produce a less redundant product than what can be found in scores of better-written blogs

In other words – I know I’m a hack, but I’m trying to be less hacky.

Not Lame Yet? – A Washington Post piece about whether the Bush administration has slipped to “lame duck” status after its miserable Dubai/ports fiasco. I’d argue that the administration has always been lame, but that would be immature.

Governors with a Lot on Their Plates – Apparently, George Bush thinks that governors are “results-oriented people”. You know, as opposed to presidents, who are motivated purely by personal and financial factors. As a side note, I’m happy to hear that “the first lady is extraordinarily fastidious about healthy eating.” That’s some groundbreaking reporting right there…

Hypertext – A Chicago Tribune Web Log – It seems that ask.com is retiring manservant Jeeves as its official mascot (don’t call him a butler – there is a distinct difference). Steve Johnson won’t hesitate to tell you how funny his writing is, and while PatRow may be a bit full of itself, at least I don’t try to pass off as comedy a lame idea like renaming the old site “AskMrsJeeves.com because she’s the one who really knows the answers.” Ugh.

No comments: