Friday

Happy Birthday to Me

In honor of PatRoW's first birthday, I am giving a present to you – one of an all-too-select few loyal readers. Today, PatRoW 2.0 launches with exciting, yet less-than-innovative new features. It's not like you come here for glitz…


Anyway, with inspiration from an old friend, I finally decided to use some of the tools at my disposal to make this site a bit more user-friendly. You will notice each post now has an associated topic (or two or three…), which will make it that much easier for you to say "shit – you wrote about douchebags 41 times already? Learn a new word already, dumbass".


Other new features added entirely for the surfing pleasure of you, my fair PatRoWista, include links to my favorite non-me blogs, as well as my frequently-surfed websites. Because, you know, I'm sure you're dying to get inside my head and figure out the origins of my genius.


In other words, fun for the whole family.


Anyway, after receiving such a fantastic surprise gift, I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Self, what can I get PatRoW for its first birthday?" Well I'm glad you asked.


I want a comment. Send me a birthday wish today. Write a comment about any of the nearly 200 entries I've posted over the past year. I've made it easy for you – there's a little button to click at the bottom of every post…now use it!


Undoubtedly, PatRoW has meant a lot to you in its brief year of existence. Today, and everyday in the future, I empower you to tell me the world about it. A wise man once said that with great power comes great responsibility. Well, with the great power you gain by reading this blog, you carry a great responsibility to tell me how awesome I am.


Please, don't let yourself down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW GREAT YOU ARE-THAT'S WHY WE HAVE MOTHERS!

Anonymous said...

Hey, who is this anonymous person stealing MY line? Happy Birthday, Patrow. And as long as we're on birthdays, Happy Birthday, Finley.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little behind in reading Patrow. And what do you know? I learned it was Patrow's first birthday, and completely forgot about it (hard to believe, huh?). I just want to thank Patrow for a year of great insight and great fun. Looking forward to many more years.